Dear Valued Customer,
It is with great pleasure that we have the opportunity to welcome new and returning guests back to the Oriel House Hotel. As Covid-19 has changed our perception on how we interact in social settings is moving forward, we very much acknowledge that your Health and Safety during your stay is in our number one priority. Therefore, we here at the Oriel House Hotel have implemented a new set of policies in our general terms and conditions with stringent operational procedures, ensuring peace of mind and comfort throughout your entire stay.
We fully appreciate that certain measures may cause initial inconvenience, however, for us to proactively move forward we must work together by adhering to these new terms.
These are as follows:
- Making use of our sanitising stations located throughout the Hotel and washing your hands regularly
- Making reservations for breakfast, lunch, dinner and to our pool prior to or at check-in
- Observe social distancing with other guests and staff. Note, signage will be visible throughout the premises.
- Parents must always supervise and remain present with children
- We would encourage the use of credit/debit cards for all transactions. This is not compulsory with cash accepted in all departments should it be necessary
- Respect the guidance or advise issued by management and staff while staying with us
- If you see any form of poor practice from other customers or indeed a member of the team, report to hotel management immediately.
The above terms are compulsory with failure to co-operate potentially leaving us no other option but to ask you to vacate the premises in the interests of public health. Please understand that this is for YOUR own safety as much as for our staff and other guests, ensuring that everyone has a safe and pleasant experience with us at the Orel House Hotel.
We have outlined below the new measures put in place as part of our new Oriel House Hotel Covid-19 Co-Operative that will help to keep all of us safe. This outlines the procedures that underpin our commitment to you and the terms & conditions that we expect of you during your stay with us.
If you have any queries that are not answered below, please contact us on email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the Oriel House Hotel and truly value your custom and assistance during these unprecedented times.
General Manager Oriel House Hotel
General Cleaning Policy
Ongoing sanitisation of all public areas throughout the day – you will see more of our Dedicated Hygiene Team. They will be present in public areas much of the day. Their mission will be to sanitise and make safe known “hotspots” such as door handles, bathrooms and counter spaces amongst others. Please always co-operate with them.
We have a long running relationship with Diversity and use their trusted chemistry know-how and focus on the human and environmental impact of their products and recommended practices. We have re-written our cleaning protocols to translate the best practices in HSE and Failte Ireland standards to our hotel guest rooms, public areas and staff areas
We will be working to ventilate the property so you may see more windows open throughout to keep air circulating and fresh.
HSE and Fáilte Ireland experts continue to advise us on new technologies and approaches, assist in training development and create a rigorous quality assurance program. This expert advice and assistance helps us to build upon the already high standards of housekeeping and hygiene at the Oriel House Hotel and to ensure that the protocols are not only satisfactory but surpass expectations to ensure the health and safety of all our guests and staff.
Sanitising stations to be located at numerous locations around the hotel such as inside the front door, at the entrance into restaurant, bar and the leisure centre etc. You are asked to avail of them.
Use of the lifts will be restricted to those with mobility challenges and guests are encouraged to take the stairs. Should the lift be an absolute requirement, limit the capacity to 2 at any time and use sanitising gel immediately after.
- All staff have their temperature checked on arrival at work and any team members recording abnormal temperatures will be asked to stay home.
- We have provided designated areas for staff to prepare for work and adhere to sanitation procedures.
- Gloves to be worn entering and exiting the hotel.
- Social distancing to apply to staff where breaks are staggered, and workspaces spread out to a 2m distance.
- Regular Diversity Training for all our staff to refresh everyone on cleaning and sanitation procedures.
- Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment appropriate to their area of work. A supply of gloves and personal sanitiser for each individual and some department members may require specific equipment such as our team in accommodation and the laundry. Enhanced training will be provided to protect their well-being.
- Individual work kits will be provided depending on department, for example,. restaurant staff kits to include individual order docket book, biro, service cloths, wipes and gloves.
- At reception, all guests must use hand sanitizer provided in the sanitisation stations inside the front door and at the front desk and please observe the appropriate social distancing.
- We have designated waiting lines clearly marked in reception, we would kindly ask that you stay behind these lines until greeted by a member of the team.
- At check in you will not need to touch anything other than the pin-pad and your key card wallet. Pre-authorisation will be done on your credit card for your stay, you will have to use the pin-pad to enter your pin, this will have been sanitized before your use and again after you use it. Should you be required to sign any documentation, a pen will be provided and sanitised before and after use.
- You will notice a change to our reception desk to safeguard the team and you, our guest, as we install safety screens and there will be a 2m roped area.
- Guests are encouraged to pre-book with us online. If you can do that, our receptionist will have pre-populated guest information so that your interaction will be brief and efficient. If not, please provide full contact details to the receptionist.
- For all payments, we would encourage transactions by card
- Upon completion, you will be given your sanitised key card and directions to the stairs to access your room.
- Careful consideration has been given to the preparation and presentation of your room and you might find somethings different. For example, we may no longer offer sanitary no tea/coffee making facilities, pens and paper as well as in room folders.
- Our deep clean of “High Touch Areas” will include extra disinfecting of the most frequently touched guests room areas such as light switches, door handles, TV remotes, toilet flusher, taps, telephone and more.
- Staff will change into a new set of PPE before entering each room to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- When a guest room is vacated after a stay, all material will be removed and cleaned from room (even if unused), including bed linen, towels, bathrobes, bathmats, shower curtains and all amenities such glasses, coasters etc.
- All surfaces will be sprayed both vertically and horizontally with Diversity cleaning products and left so that the agents have time to work. They will then be cleaned down again paying attention to the high touch points.
- Our deep clean process will include washing down all tiles, grouting, tissue boxes as well as hoovering and washing all floors.
- The whole room will be sprayed with sanitising solution and window left open.
- When the supervisor/ manager checks the room, (s)he will re-sanitise all high touch points again while doing so to ensure “double sanitisation”.
Dining With Us
- To maintain social distancing, you must make a reservation for breakfast, Lunch and dinner so that we may control the numbers dining at any one time.
- You are asked to avail of the sanitisation stations to be located at entrance to our Oriel Bar & Bistro and Oriel Restaurant upon entry and exit.
- Children must always dine with parents.
- Breakfast will be served from 7am to 10.30am and is only available by reservation. Please check in with the restaurant manager/supervisor on arrival.
- For breakfast, we will serve all items to your table. We will provide markings on floor for social distancing when queuing for breakfast.
- We will set tables with strict social distancing measures to the best of our ability.
- We will be serving meals in our Oriel Bar & Bistro and Oriel Restaurant
- We will use disposable items for single use where possible i.e. menus, paper napkins, individually wrapped condiments, butter, jam, ketchup and salt and pepper sachets. We will not use linens on the table.
- Our team will play their part and each team member will have their own workstation and will maintain the appropriate distance when taking an order.
- Room service will also be available during this time.
Serving of Alcohol
- Hotel bars will not be open in the traditional way, it will be a dispense bar/table service only. Guests will be served alcohol with their meal only at their table by their server.
- The Leisure Centre is open to our hotel guests only and the following facilities are available only: Pool / Poolside Shower / Disability WC (ALL other areas are out of use).
- Opening times are 10am -6pm (children and family times to be confirmed)
- You will need to pre-book your pool time slot by dialling extension 0.
- Each guest is welcome to spend 40 minutes (max) in the leisure centre to ensure fair usage for everyone
- Only 10 guests allowed at a time in the Leisure Centre, so you’ll have plenty of space.
- Guests will be provided with overshoes on arrival into the Leisure Centre
- Our team will ensure that an ongoing hygiene regime is conducted.
- Changing facilities will be not be available so we ask that guests please get changed in bedroom. Please bring your own robe or cover up. Towels will be available at the pool. Please leave valuables in your bedroom safe.
- Sanitising station will be set-up at Leisure centre reception, entrance and exit to pool.
- For parents, we understand how important it is to ensure your child is safe and to keep them occupied. Regretfully, we are not able to run our Talbot Tiger Kids Club at this time. we have come up with some fun family alternatives that we think you will ALL LOVE!
- Outdoor activities and attractions in the area Cick Here
- To observe social distancing and to avoid queuing in the morning, guests are advised to settle their account in the evening before departure – please visit the reception anytime between 10pm & 11pm. Should you wish to settle the morning of departure, please allow up to 15 minutes and follow social distancing rules.
These above guidelines are subject to change
For further information please contact Oriel House Hotel
Oriel House Hotel
Main Street Ballincollig,
Fax: + 353 (0) 21 4875880